The Colorado House Majority Office and the House Democratic Caucus are looking for talented aides to assist our State Representatives during the 2019 legislative session.
Being a Legislative Aide puts you in the middle of the state’s most exciting political action. You will meet, work with, and support state legislators who are changing policy to keep our budget balanced, create jobs, improve education, expand health care and grow our economy.
Aides help in the implementation of the House Democrat’s goals by providing written, administrative and logistical support. Duties include organizing the lawmaker’s day-to-day work, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining contact lists and files, doing issue research, supporting their work on legislation, interacting with constituents, and if appropriate, supervising interns and doing light policy work.
We are looking for:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizing abilities and “people skills”
- Interest in Colorado politics and statewide issues
- Organizational skills (scheduling and event planning)
- Basic knowledge of Colorado government
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Computer skills (word, excel, VAN/database, social media, web skills preferred, but not required)
- Good judgment, flexibility, common sense, and a sense of humor
Positions will start December 2018 (or January 2019) – May 2019, depending on the legislator’s schedule.
Salary: $14.00/hour, up to 40 hours/week, depending on agreement and scheduling with legislator. The travel
allowance this fiscal year is $10/day when the House is in session. No benefits, no vacations from early January to mid-May.
This is a “session only” position, which must end sooner than 7 months after the start date.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER