The Colorado House Majority Office and the House Democratic Caucus are looking for talented interns to assist our State Representatives and/or Majority Office Staff during the 2019 legislative session. Working at the State Capitol is a unique opportunity to learn about the legislative process and the intersection of law, politics, and public policy. During the session, interns conduct research on proposed legislation, and provide analysis and insights to the Representatives.
The experience and knowledge acquired during the state legislative session can be a great asset and can lead to exciting career opportunities.
|Job Qualifications / Requirements:Throughout the course of the internship, participants will be asked to handle a wide variety of duties essential to the legislative process. Some of these responsibilities could include:|
Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills Strong organizational abilities A strong interest in Colorado politics and public policy
Colorado House of Representatives Democratic Legislative Internship
- Assisting with outreach efforts
- Conducting research on specific issues or legislation
- Monitoring and reporting on committee meetings for legislators and staff
- Summarizing reports or bills
- Researching and drafting responses to constituent inquiries
- Assisting with e-mail, mail and telephone contacts
- Other administrative work such as data entry, filings, preparing mailings, etc.
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Legislative interns must be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and work well without direct supervision
Interns are expected to work at least 5-10 hours per week from January to May 2019. Interim interns (June to December of 2018) are also taken on a case-by-case basis. Interns are unpaid volunteers. However, student internship credit can be arranged with your school.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.